Dental Plans Questions & Answers
- What are some advantages to low cost dental plans?
- save anywhere from 10-60% on most procedures
- over 30 plans, both national and regional that individuals can choose from, along with over 100,000 dentists who participate in the program
- Quick and easy on-line membership registration and plan activation
- search tools and comparisons chards for plans that are simple to use
- a Qualified Customer service rep will be available assist all members
- minimal paperwork, nothing unnecessary to hassle you
- many plans include discounts for dental specialties
- There aren't any health restrictions to qualify
- What's the Difference between Dental plans & Dental Insurance?
The main difference between these two is that low cost dental offers plans that are actually affordable, very simple and customer friendly. These are great for families looking for dental care but at great rates. Outlined below is a comparison of dental insurance and dental plans, to help with your decision.
- There are no annual limits; members are able to use discounts on most of their dental services used there are no time limits or restrictions.
- One you sign up, the plans are activated within 3 days.
- There is no paperwork. Simply show your card at the dental office and you'll start the discounts right from the get-go.
- No health restrictions; no need to worry about not receiving care, or having to wait for a comprehensive plan.
- Some plans offer discounts on dental specialties. These are services like orthodontics and cosmetics
- There is a membership fee which is affordable, and gives every member access to a large network of dentists who participate in giving the discounts on most procedures
- The service is available to businesses and groups, but also to families and even directly to individuals
- There are typically various kinds of limitations, annual maximums, and deductibles that influence the rate you pay.
- For many procedures there are long waiting periods.
- The claiming process takes time and can become tedious to go through
- Individuals with pre-existing conditions are often excluded or have restrictions or limitations
- Special procedures are usually not covered; i.e. Cosmetic dentistry
- You are paying a high premium, each month regardless of use, and usually under a restrictive and defined coverage.
- Usually, dental insurance is not available to the individual, or even to families, unless it is a part of a corporate, employer insurance.
- How long does it take for my dental to be active?
Nearly all of the dental plans we offer will be activated within 3 business days of registration.
- Can I use both my dental insurance with a dental plan?
For those who want to use the dental discount plan but already have an insurance plan, there is no problem. The two services may be used together for the highest savings you can get. Just be sure to check with your dentist or specialist before you being treatment to ensure that they are compatible with the use of dental discount at your insurance plan.
- What if my dentist is not part of the network of dentists?
If you are a member and decide to see a dentist who is not a part of the network of participating dentists, then you will not be able to receive the discount. The only locations that accept the discount plan are those listed as a part of the network.
- What is a Dental Indemnity Insurance Plan?
Employees and/or group members on a dental indemnity insurance plan can choose dentists, change dentists, and even see a dental specialist without a referral. Despite this freedom, many individuals, families and businesses shy away from dental indemnity insurance plans because of the costly premiums, high annual deductibles, and exhausting claims procedures. Typically, dental indemnity insurance plans are structured to insure groups, so they are usually not good options for individuals and families looking for dental insurance.
- How do I get my membership information for my dental plan?
- Your membership information can be accessed online. All you need to do is login into the Member’s Area using your password and email. When you are log into your Member’s Area, you will be able to view and print your membership card.
- What is your toll free number and what hours are your offices open?
The toll free number is 1-877-212-8964 and office hours are Monday-Friday 7am-8pm CST.
- Can I pay my dental plan fees on a payment plan?
Not at this time, dental plans are billed annually.
- Is cosmetic dentistry covered on dental plans? How much coverage will I receive?
Yes, some dental plans have excellent cosmetic coverage, including veneers, teeth whitening and more. For more information please contact us at 1-877-212-8964.
- How old must a person be to buy a dental plan?
A person must be 18 years or old to purchase a dental plan and there are no age maximums.
- Why should I buy a dental plan here instead of on another dental plan site?
When you use InsureWish.com you receive a 10% discount with coupon code INSURE10. Additionally discount dental plans will save you money on dental work and give you the freedom to pick from 30+ dental plans with more than 100,000 participating dentist listings across the USA.
- What type of orthodontic (braces) work is covered with a dental plan?
Select discount dental plans offer major savings on orthodontic work. Please call customer service to find the best dental plan for you 1-877-212-8964